Monday, June 20, 2011

DC Tri- first impressions

I will obviously have more on this later, once I'm done internally processing the experience. But some first impressions:

- It ALWAYS takes longer than you think to walk anywhere downtown.
- Are there stats to keep track of the number of butt grabs in completely opaque, 100% murky water?
- When they say a 'grand prix' style bike course, really what they mean is 'insanity'.
- My 10:00/mi purgatory comes back to kick me in the a$$

I am feeling so completely grateful for the experience, and empowered to go out an do anything. I hope everyone gets to experience this at some point in your life. Go out and find something that scares you, and do it. Really, just go do it. You will be glad you did.

3 comments:

  1. Two thumbs up to the last paragraph! This is what it is all about :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS. You need to remove "-in-training" from your About Me! You are officially a triathlete :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Butt grabs in open waters!?? WHAT?

    congratulations, you are now a tri-athlete! I am so inspired.

    ReplyDelete