Thursday, June 2, 2011

News Flash!

I swam 800m straight last night!

This is a HUGE milestone, especially considering where I was 3.5 months ago.

I'm a little bummed that with my a/c being off since at least Sunday of last week, the heat has taken a bit of an edge off my training. I've been doing my best to stay hydrated and electrolyt-ed, but it still does not undo a few days of sweltering heat and iffy nights of sleep. I really wanted to do an 800m/5k brick last night at MAC, but I got off the treadmill at 1.5mi and almost fell over from dizzyness. Not exactly ideal. But, the a/c is back on, and the focus is now on the practice tri at Haines Point on Saturday. 400m pool swim, 16.5mi bike, 5k run. Should be a good indicator of where I am for the 19th. Then 7 days of training in and around the blue waters of Bermuda!

Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment