Wednesday, August 4, 2010

patience

Well, I thought my foot was feeling fine. I hadn't needed to ice or wrap it since late last week. But, sometime during my softball game last night I realized it was increasingly uncomfortable to push off with my right foot, both on the basepath and at the plate. Hmph. Back to icing.

The Regulators got caught off-guard last night by a juiced-up CDER team. It seemed unfair that only a few weeks ago the two CDER teams on the verge of elimination-by-forfeit combined into one, and all the players who only showed up for a game or two here or there suddenly were all at the same game. And every one of these guys who I barely recall seeing before had some kind of game-changing hit or play in the field. But, I am proud of the Regulators for losing with grace and style and still keeping a good sense of humor about it. No chance at a 4-peat this year, but we'll be back.

I was a little disappointed with my individual performance. But I need to be patient and take this time to heal. I have an eventful fall coming up. If all falls into place, I'll have:

~ fall co-ed softball
~ Destroyer vball
~ CSL upper-league vball
~ ATM training

Sad to say I'll be taking a hiatus from fall kickball. But BOOOM has a good solid core now and I think they'll be okay for a season without me. I'll miss all the usual BOOOM shenanigans though. :)

Oh yeah, please go vote once a day at the link here. It's been 5 years since Katrina, and there is still much to be done. Help St. Bernard Project receive a $250,000 grant from Pepsi to help families affected by Katrina return to their homes, give jobs to fishermen affected by the oil spill, and provide mental health services for those with PTSD as a result of these two disasters. Please help SPB get the recognition they deserve for all they've done thus far in the New Orleans community, and the funds they need to continue their work.

No comments:

Post a Comment