We are now within 10 weeks of the Cherry Blossom 10 miler. I've recommitted myself to training and staying healthy and finishing this year. I want to say I've been able to discipline myself and finish something I've talked about wanting to do. (walk-the-walk, as it is.) I may need to make some adjustments along the way- substituting a spin class for a short run, for example. Whatever it takes to keep me motivated. And healthy. That part is key.
I think instead of the Celebration triathlon in June I'm going to look at Iron Girl in August. That will get me around family vacations and I also don't want to overlap too badly with Cherry Blossom. There's only so much I can ask of my body at this point. August will also give me time to get the gear and get comfortable in it. The group for that event seems to be pretty tight-knit and ready to go: they're already informally training, though the formal program doesn't start till May. So I think I will need to hit the ground running with them. To be continued...
I've decided to dedicate 2010 to three things: giving, reading, and loving. I hope I'm on track to achieve things in all three.
Giving: My time and energy, mostly. LLS/TNT is a start. I would also like to go to New Orleans for a Habitat for Humanity -type project in May with my church's young adult group. It's another event I've had on my list for a while but never had the time or means. If I'm going to take more time off this year, some of it had better be for a good cause, I figure.
Reading: I joined a book club recently. Hopefully this will give me more incentive to read more on my own. reading > computer > tv this year.
Loving: This is kind of more all-encompassing, taking into consideration the ideas that (1) I shouldn't be doing things that I am not completely passionate about. I need to weed out the riff-raff in my life and devote my time and energy to the things that are really worth it; and (2) I should accept and express any emotion I am feeling, and not sell myself short by hiding it or writing it off in the name of 'not rocking the boat.' I'm only cheating myself and those I care about that way. But it turns out, emotions are hard. And complicated. And require a lot more energy than what I am used to.
CB2010: Week 1 Day 2- 3mi run and yoga
earworm: The Killers - I Can't Stay
currently reading: Markus Zusak - The Book Thief
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment