Monday, January 4, 2010

a first glimpse into the synapses of my mind...

Hi. So some of you may know me from my blog of the same name over at another site. This is the same me, but, well, different. I figured a change of pace was necessary. I'm still the same girl; I'm still a bit unsure about being in the DC area, I still best express myself using song lyrics, and I still don't like to properly capitalize when I type. (It has been a struggle thus far!). But, I think I am ready to not take such a passive approach to life.

My intent for this page is that it will be more description of my training and activities for the Cherry Blossom 10 miler and Celebration Triathlon (with Team in Traning) and less complaints about injuries and other I can'ts. I did alot of complaining over at that other site.

Here, I'll try to update periodically with what I learn about myself and others while challenging my norms this year. I'll also make a note of current earworms, what I'm reading, or news stories that particularly catch my interest. I'll also be refreshing my html skills so bear with me while I get this looking how I had envisioned.

Oh yeah, you can also find me on Facebook, LinkedIn, and GoodReads. But, enough about me for now.



Now let's go break open that glowstick and pour it into Homestar Runner's Mountain Dew.


earworm: rise against - savior
now reading: the help - kathryn stockett

2 comments:

  1. I am assuming from the change in current reading that you finished The Help? How was it in the end, worth a read?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think so! i felt that the end was a bit predictable, but it was definitely very well written. funny, even, in light of the difficult subject matter.

    ReplyDelete