Friday, January 13, 2012

grumble grumble.

So at some point between that last track workout, spin on Saturday, and walking around DC with the fam on Sunday, I developed some fabulous heel/ankle pain. Great. I made it through exactly one week of training before I hurt myself. Surprise surprise!

Ugh, okay, end the sarcasm. I am trying to be optimistic. I had a great time at the spin class on Saturday. I thought I would feel completely out of my element but I felt very included and able to keep up. I have a feeling Ron was going easy on us the first day though! This week we are doing LT tests to determine HR zones, so I don't think it will be as easy! I even repeated the first half of the workout on the trainer during the week so I'm feeling ready. (the neighbors haven't complained yet...) I'm amazed at how much I picked up from this first class. Ron is very biomechanics oriented, so alot of his drills were focusing on certain muscle groups used through all the phases of rotation. I had so many dead spots in my pedal stroke that I'm now able to target and strengthen. I'm hoping that another few days of ice and ibuprofen will get me back on my feet and I can run 5 with the MoCo group on Sunday. If that doesn't go well, it's back to PT for me.

Happy long weekend for most of you!



No comments:

Post a Comment